House of Refuge Statement:
Trinity Baptist Church is a House of Refuge, this applies to everyone in this church or people you know that need a place of Refuge.
- Here’s what we believe:
- If you find yourself in an unplanned pregnancy, please know that being pregnant is not a sin and the child you carry is not a punishment, it is a blessing. God is knitting this child in your womb. You may have made a sinful decision that led to this pregnancy but we want you to know you are loved and we will do whatever it takes to help you carry and care for this precious child before and after birth.
- While we can never support or encourage a woman to have an abortion because the child you carry is made in the image of God and is intrinsically valuable and loved by God, it is important for you to know how we will respond…
- Here’s what we won’t do: This church family will not gossip about you, shame you, or abandon you. This is a House of Refuge and we will not allow for the family of God to harm one another with words or actions contrary to the Love of God as revealed in his Word.
- Here’s what we will do: We will do everything in our power to remove whatever obstacles stand in the way of you having this child. There are people in this church ready to mentor you, throw you a baby shower, and connect you with resources inside and outside of our church (local pregnancy care center). We will also hold men accountable for living out their calling to provide and protect women and children.
- Finally, if you have ever had an abortion in your past, we want you to know that abortion is not an unforgivable sin. Whoever confesses and forsakes their sin finds mercy. If you have never gone through a post-abortion Bible study, we will be happy to connect you to one so that you can walk in complete healing and freedom.